Today’s rumination includes another gem borrowed from Mr. Burroughs:
”Focus is water and sunlight. It causes growth.”
I think this means the things we choose to focus on grow, while those we choose to ignore wither and maybe even die.
So today I’m going to focus on…
- the happiness of indulging in creature comforts – fuzzy socks, candles, a hot bath, chocolate.
- how great it feels to wake up every morning feeling healthy and whole.
- the pleasure of looking for, and finding, blogging inspiration.
- the often goofy, sometimes hilarious people I live with.
- how my sobriety allows me to remake myself, my identity, my life.
And I’m going to choose to ignore…
- images of a shiny glass of whatever.
- worries about the future.
- the things about people that annoy me.
- thoughts of loss or any sort of woe is me thinking.
For me, this ignoring is a kind of turning away. When a thought or an image that I don’t want comes into my mind, I, almost literally, turn and look the other way. This has mostly worked for me, now for nearly 50 days. 🙂
What are you going to choose to focus on today?